If you work from home, having a monitor with a built-in webcam is essential. We rely more than ever on Zoom, Skype, and Meet to communicate with our colleagues, family, and friends. Investing in the best monitors with a built-in webcam is the only solution. That way, you have an extra screen to view your windows on.
The Dell P2418HZm Monitor comes with plenty of features to help users get the most of the monitor. The 24-inch screen gives you enough space to get things done. The built-in webcam, as well as other conferencing features, are great for productivity and business.
You can see everything and avoid eye strain. Whether you work from home or an avid gamer, you have to purchase the right computer monitor. A built-in webcam and microphone are vital features. In this article, we will review some of the best models out there so you can buy a great monitor that will transform your home office.
Table of Contents
- Best Monitors With Built-in Webcam – Comparison Table
- Advantages of Built in Webcam
- Best Monitor Brightness and Contrast Settings for Video Conferencing
- What to Look for?
- Best Monitors with Built in Webcam
- Key References
Best Monitors With Built-in Webcam – Comparison Table
Advantages of Built in Webcam
There are 2 principal reasons to consider a monitor with a built-in webcam instead of buying an external camera for your setup.
The built-in webcam can be used for both professional and personal use. If your primary computer is a desktop computer, it pays to have a built-in webcam so that you can have video conferencing or video chat anytime instead of worrying about connecting a cable or adding multiple cables to your office space.
B) Security Features
A computer monitor with an integrated webcam offers additional security functions for an external webcam. Since the webcam monitor is built into your screen, it’s harder to hack, making it much harder for hackers to control your camera.
Best Monitor Brightness and Contrast Settings for Video Conferencing
If you have spent a long-time video conferencing, you must have experienced an eye strain. Not only can this be annoying, but it can be quite uncomfortable as well. Your eyes may feel itchy, tired, sore, and dry. Here are the best monitor settings for reducing eye strain during video conferencing.
A) Adjust the Contrast
When it comes to contrast on your computer screen, contrast refers to “the ratio of luminance between the lightest white and the darkest black that can be produced“. To minimize eye fatigue, you may want to increase the contrast. This keeps the eyes from straining too hard. Most people are typically comfortable with the contrast between 60 and 70 percent.
B) Adjust the Brightness
Once you set your contrast where you want it, it’s time to adjust the brightness. The aim is for the light to exit your monitor, just like the light from your work area. You don’t want the computer screen to be a bright projector in the room, and you don’t want it to be too dark and grayed out.
What to Look for?
Here, we will explain the most essential features of your computer screen. These factors are important to make sure you get the right monitor. With so many options, narrowing down your options can seem overwhelming. However, look for the following features, and you know you have a winner.
A) Size and Design
You want a monitor that’s the right size to make it worth buying. We recommend looking for models that are up to 24 inches. The large size makes it easy to view multiple applications at the same time. You can have online meetings with multiple people at the same time and see everyone on the screen. In terms of video conferencing monitors, bigger is always better.
Beyond size, you’ll want to take a close look at the design of the monitor. Is it heavy and chunky? A compact monitor takes up hardly any desk space. However, some monitors can be unwieldy and bulky, making them difficult to transport. Also, check the bezels as well. The best monitors with built-in webcam have slim bezels and a stylish look.
B) Monitor Resolution
Another vital feature to look for in the best monitors with built-in webcam is high resolution. With this factor, you can view videos and images on your screen in detail. You can even easily stream movies and shows to your monitor if it’s in high resolution. Then your monitor can act as a television!
C) Clear Camera Imagery
While you can clearly see everyone, you also want your image to be clear. For this reason, it is important to look for a monitor with a good quality webcam. You should capture high-definition images and video, so you don’t look blurry during video conferencing or video chat. The webcam should be straightforward to use and user-friendly too.
D) Excellent Sound
It’s not just the video quality that matters; you should check the microphone and speakers’ performance as well, if applicable.
Not all computer monitors adhere to the same standards. That is why you need to pay attention to durability and quality. Take a close look at the feel of the monitor and the materials used. Does it seem flimsy or sturdy? Also, you can read reviews online to see how the monitor has performed over time. In our reviews below, we have selected only the most durable and sturdy monitors.
Best Monitors with Built in Webcam
Here are the top 5 best monitors with built-in webcam on the market today:
1. Dell P2418HZm 24″ Monitor Review
The Dell P2418HZm is a 24″ monitor with built-in features to make video conferencing smoother.
- Remote meetings are common practice, so a specially designed monitor optimized for audio and video recording is undoubtedly very attractive.
- While most professional monitors are frugal in terms of built-in conferencing technology, this Dell monitor with webcam has a 2MP full high-definition image sensor camera bundled with privacy protection, a built-in 5W front light, a noise-canceling microphone, and call-centered hardware buttons.
- This monitor with built-in webcam and microphone offers a full 1080 pixels resolution with consistent colors and a 178° wide viewing angle, perfect for video conferencing.
- The Dell P2418HZm is equipped with ComfortView as well. When activated, the monitor provides a glare-free, flicker-free experience while also reducing on-screen blue light emission for optimal viewing comfort.
- Windows 10 platform users can use the operating system without a password. The P2418HZm offers secure facial authentication for Windows logins, re-authentication, and unlocks.
- Secure and clear camera.
- Great views from almost any angle.
- Noise-canceling mic for clear communication.
- Anti-glare and flicker-free screen.
- None found
2. HP Business E273 27″ LED Monitor Review
The HP Business E273m 27 LED monitor has a 3-sided bezel with a micro-bezel and is ideal for setting video conferencing.
- This best monitor with webcam speakers and microphone offers a resolution of 1920 by 1080 with an aspect ratio of 16:9, a contrast ratio of 1000:1, response time 5ms, and vertical and horizontal viewing angles of 178 °.
- The HP E273m monitor also includes an integrated HD webcam that is Skype, Zoom, and Meet compatible.
- The webcam has an integrated audio system from Bang & Olufsen, a built-in microphone, and dedicated call buttons; you can easily collaborate with colleagues, family, and friends in real-time.
- Setup is straightforward as this monitor comes with DisplayPort, VGA, HDMI inputs as well as 2 USB 3.0 ports, and 1 USB Type-C port for connecting USB-compatible devices directly to the monitor.
- Boost your productivity with uninterrupted views of one or more displays with a three-sided micro-bezel that supports virtually transparent slots.
- The HP Business E273 27″ LED Monitor offers razor-sharp images from every angle on the IPS display with a diagonal of 27 inches and a Full HD resolution of 1920 by 1080.
- Easy to install
- Excellent picture quality
- Great value for money.
- A little challenging to find the USB ports.
- The sound from the speakers is a bit weak.
3. Acer CB24Y Dbmiprex 23.8″ Frameless Monitor Review
The Acer CB242Y Frameless Monitor is designed to optimize video conferencing and has a built-in 1080 pixels webcam, microphone, and 2 Watts stereo speakers.
- The adjustable infrared webcam can be connected to devices through a dedicated USB 2.0 port.
- Beyond that, this best computer monitor with camera supports Windows Hello face recognition, so users can log in with just a smile.
- The monitor itself has a sleek, frameless design that maximizes visibility. Its IPS panel supports an FHD resolution of 1920 x 1080 @ 75 Hz. It supports an improved response time of 1ms for Visual Response Boost (VBR).
- Devices can be connected to the monitor via the VGA, DisplayPort, and HDMI inputs. You can use the ergonomic stand to adjust the pivot, swivel, tilt, and height of the screen for optimal comfort.
- With 178° vertical and horizontal viewing angles, you can view the screen from virtually any position or use the 100 by 100 mm VESA holes to mount the monitor on an arm-swivel, wall, or multiple monitor stand.
- Overall, the Acer CB242Y is a budget-friendly monitor with an ergonomic design. It offers smooth performance and excellent image quality, making it perfect for mixed uses, including office work, general multimedia, and casual gaming.
- Fully ergonomic design
- Wide viewing angles and vibrant colors.
- Lots of game features, including FreeSync.
- Narrow FreeSync range
4. Acer B427Y 23.8″ Full HD Monitor Review
The Acer B247Y 23.8″ Monitor with webcam was developed for professional use and had a small bezel surrounding a 1920 x 1080 screen.
- Besides the full high-definition resolution, this unit offers a response time of 4ms and supports at least 16.7 million colors.
- Installation is easy with VGA and HDMI inputs. Also, you can connect USB-compliant peripherals through 4 USB 3.1 ports.
- After setup, you can tilt the screen from -5 to 25 ° and adjust the height to 4.72-inch for maximum viewing comfort.
- Additionally, this monitor consists of an IPS (In-Plane Switching) control panel that supports 178° vertical and horizontal viewing angles, so you can view the screen clearly from almost anywhere.
- 1920 x 1080 resolutions for improved image quality.
- 4 ms response time.
- The IPS control panel supports a wide viewing angle.
- Two 4W speakers for an immersive multimedia experience.
- Does not work with Chrome OS.
5. HP Elite Display 34-Inch Monitor Review
The HP Elite Display 34-Inch Monitor is a splendid choice for your home office or game room. At 34 inches, the screen is generous in size.
- This HP monitor with webcam also has an HD resolution display of 3440x1440p. It’s easy to organize business meetings thanks to its built-in webcam.
- The webcam is located on top of the monitor and is displayed when in use. The screen is clear and sharp, and the colors are completely saturated.
- The HP Elite Display is sleek and elegant with ultra-thin bezels. This unit will look effortless in any space, be it an office or living room.
- It is also light enough that you can move it if necessary. Thanks to its slim design, it doesn’t take up a lot of space on your work desk.
- Large and ultra-slim screen.
- High-resolution display
- Slim and elegant design.
- The webcam does not have the best video quality.
While each of the webcam monitors on our list is more than capable of meeting your needs, the Dell P2418HZm 24 inch Monitor is our top pick.
- It is a 24-inch monitor with built-in features to make video conferencing smoother.
- The P2418HZm has a 2MP full high-definition image sensor camera bundled with privacy protection, a built-in 5W front light, a noise-canceling microphone, and call-centered hardware buttons.
When it comes to ease of use and comfort, monitors with built-in webcam are a great option. Weigh your priorities for connectivity and integration, screen size, and display quality.
Whichever option you choose from our list of the best monitors with built-in webcam, you will get one that meets your needs so you can look professional on your next video conference call.
- “What is Integrated Webcam – 17 Advantages & Disadvantages”. Accessed March 01, 2021. Link.
- “Best Monitor Brightness and Contrast Settings for Eyes | IrisTech”. Accessed March 01, 2021. Link.