If you have got a Ryzen 3950X processor, you are likely familiar with its specifications, such as a 16-core CPU working on an AM4 + platform. However, to maximize performance with a powerful processor, a good quality motherboard is vital. It also offers immense performance, allowing you to have a smooth experience whatever the task, whether you’re playing games or doing graphics work.
The MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Motherboard is our top pick as it comes with a lot of features geared towards avid gamers, including PCI-e 4.0 support, several M.2 ports, killer xTend, Xtreme Audio DAC, and plenty of RGB.
Choosing the best X570 Motherboard for 3950X will make a considerable difference in your custom build’s execution and performance. In this guide, we’ll detail exactly which X570 motherboard is best for your rig and what to do with it.
Table of Contents
- Best X570 Motherboard For 3950X – Comparison Table
- What is the X570 Motherboard?
- What AMD Processors Series X570 Motherboard is Compatible With?
- Is it Worth Upgrading to X570?
- Why is X570 Motherboard Better than B550 and X470?
- What to Look for?
- Best X570 Motherboard for 3950X
- Key References
Best X570 Motherboard For 3950X – Comparison Table
What is the X570 Motherboard?
The AMD X570 motherboard is compatible with the powerful processors of the AMD Ryzen 3000 series. It is developed for gamers, developers, and everyone who needs top performance, as it offers maximum bandwidth and impressive speed.
What AMD Processors Series X570 Motherboard is Compatible With?
Here is the Ryzen 9 3950x motherboard compatibility list:
- Motherboards with socket AM4.
- ATX form factor motherboards.
- CrossFire supported motherboards
- Motherboards with RAID support.
- Motherboards with 2 PCI-E x16 slots.
- Motherboards with 3 PCI-E x1 slots.
- Motherboards with 6 SATA 6 Gbit/s ports.
- Motherboards with 4 RAM slots.
- Motherboards with 2 M.2 connectors.
Is it Worth Upgrading to X570?
Upgrading to an X570 motherboard makes sense if:
- If you previously own an X470 motherboard, there are a few things to keep in mind before upgrading. If you need any of the following, consider upgrading to a motherboard with the X570 chipset.
- You just want to efficiently run high-frequency memory.
- You need help with the incredible read and write speeds of your next-generation M.2 Generation 4 SSDs.
- You want access to top-level motherboards and many other core features that were first introduced for AMD Ryzen.
- You want to purchase the best AMD Ryzen 3000 series processors and get the best performance possible.
- You want to access the latest PCI-Express Generation 4 standard to use next-generation ultra-fast peripherals.
- You are pleased about the integrated support for Wi-Fi 6 (the latest Wi-Fi standard) and 10 GbE Ethernet.
Why is X570 Motherboard Better than B550 and X470?
Well, a lot depends on your use case. We will therefore list a few examples to offer you a broad idea.
The X570 is perfect for:
- Builders with Zen+ processors looking to skip Zen 2 in expectation of AMD’s future Zen 3 Ryzen 4000 processors.
- Builders using a present generation Zen 2 CPU on a B450 motherboard and looking to upgrade to a robust bandwidth, VRM, and connectivity options available today.
- Builders on the market for the latest system based on Ryzen 3950X for prime quality gaming/streaming and high productivity workloads.
The B550 is ideal for:
- Builders who do not need the additional PCI-Express 4.0 connectivity of the X570 chipset.
- Builders looking for a mid-range Zen 2 gaming system market with fantastic overclocking support.
- Builders running a present generation Zen 2 CPU on a B450 motherboard and want to upgrade to PCI-Express 4.0 support, a much more extensive VRM, but do not need expanded memory USB 3.2 support.
- Builders who are unable to achieve active chipset cooling on X570 motherboard platforms.
The MSI X470 is a high-quality motherboard that supports advanced Ryzen functions such as XFR 2.0 and Precision Boost 2.0.While the X470 can also be used with the new 7th Generation Athlon A-series processors, they are best used with Ryzen 5 and higher processors.
What to Look for?
A) Form Factor
Motherboards are available in a variety of form factors or sizes. Its dimensions determine the number of parts it can support. This means a larger motherboard will support more components and vice versa.
The brain of the Motherboard is the chipset. It is the combination of software and hardware that manages the communication between various components.
- It acts as an administrator who decides what goes in and what goes out.
- Various motherboards contain various chipsets, so they differ in performance, stability, compatibility, and features.
C) Processor Socket
Motherboards also differ in terms of processor sockets (also known as the CPU socket). It’s a connector that creates an electrical interface for contact with the processor.
- The CPU socket has a pin grid arrangement created when the bottom pins are connected to the socket holes.
- The arrangement and number of these holes and pins are a significant cause of the difference between motherboards.
- CPU sockets determine how much power your Motherboard can use.
Motherboards are so named because they can be expanded on themselves by connecting other circuits.
- Various motherboards have various expansion limits. Some models can support larger memory, while others are limited to smaller memory.
- The number of PCI-Express slots differs from one Motherboard to another.
- The best X570 Motherboard for 3950X will have higher expandability.
Overclocking means running a processor above the frequency for which it was designed. Some X570 motherboards are designed for such stressful working conditions, while others are not.
Best X570 Motherboard for 3950X
Here are the top 5 best X570 mobos for 3950x on the market today:
1. MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Motherboard Review
The MSI MEG X570 Godlike Motherboard aims to adhere to its Godlike name by adding various features not previously found on any other AMD X570 motherboard.
- With an entire 20-phase power supply for extreme overclockers, this best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3900x series offers an exceptionally rugged power supply for reliable overclocking.
- So, those who push higher clocks with advanced cooling like liquid nitrogen will literally find this Motherboard a blessing. Its X570 chipset is cooled by Zero Frozr technology of MSI, which uses a single fan with two ball bearings.
- Also, there is an OLED screen near the memory slots that can be programmed to show critical system information or game statistics in real-time.
- The Godlike comes with various accessories, including two additional cards. One of the cards provides an Aquantia AQC107 10G LAN.
- In contrast, the other card is an M.2 expansion card that allows you to add two more M.2 SSDs to the three already available.
- On the back, you’ll find all the ports you need, including USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, plus a dedicated 1/4 inch jack for using studio-quality headphones without having to buy a converter.
- Additionally, audio is offered by 2 Realtek ALC1220 codecs for incredible clarity. There’s a dedicated Type-A port for updating the BIOS, as well as a unique CMOS button.
- The MSI MEG X570 Godlike is undoubtedly not for mortals, and its high price seems to suggest so too.
- Made from high-quality components.
- 6.3 mm dedicated audio jack.
- Features an OLED screen.
- Thanks to its firmware support, it can withstand heavy overclocking.
- Basic back panel
- It has a high price.
2. ASUS ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula Motherboard
If you’re searching for the utmost in X570 performance, you should end your search with the Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII formula.
- This Asus mobo was developed for liquid/water cooling enthusiasts. Therefore, it uses EKWB-developed heat sinks with connections to connect customer-specific water circuits.
- The best motherboard for Ryzen 9 3950x workstation looks vast and has eye-catching ROG symbols that light up in RGB both on the chipset and in the I/O area.
- Like many other X570 cards on our list, the Crosshair VIII Formula uses an active fan for the X570 chipset.
- The processor operates on a well-cooled 16-phase VRM design. You also get a built-in ECC support and 128 gigabytes DDR4 memory support, although a compatible processor is required for activation.
- There are 3 full-length PCIe x16 slots in x8/ x8 /x4, x8/x8, and x16 configurations that allow users to run CrossFireX, AMD CrossFire, and NVIDIA SLI multi-GPU configurations.
- This product offers standard Gigabit Ethernet and 5GB Ethernet through the Aquantia AQC111 controller.
- Overall, the Asus ROG 570 Crosshair VIII Formula Motherboard is one of the best high-end X570 motherboards on the market for liquid cooling enthusiasts and overclockers.
- Designed for water cooling enthusiasts.
- Equipped with ultra-fast Wi-Fi.
- Integrated OLED display
- Offers unthrottled transfer speed.
- Accurate voltage monitoring system.
- BIOS are reported to be unstable.
- Fans are directly placed under the GPU.
3. Gigabyte X570 AORUS Elite Motherboard Review
Gigabyte has some pretty good offerings for the AMD X570 chipset. The X570 Aorus Elite is undoubtedly one of the most exciting motherboards on offer.
- This motherboard features a 12 + 2 VRM design with a finned array heat sink and direct contact heat pipe for efficient VRM cooling.
- You have the option of using DDR4-4400 ECC and non-ECC RAM up to 128 gigabytes. It also has 3 PCI-Express Generation 4 x16 slots and 3 PCI-Express Generation 4 M.2 slots for connecting high-speed storage drives.
- Built-in support for Wi-Fi 6 and Intel LAN ensures network connection. The PCI-Express slots can be used with x16, x8/x8/x4, and x8/x8, and speeds, which imply AMD CrossFire and NVIDIA SLI support.
- You also get 2 PCI-E Generation 4 x1 slots. The 3 PCI-E Generation 4 M.2 slots are equipped with factory-installed heat sinks to avert thermal throttling at high speed.
- Also, there are 6 SATA ports available if you want to use traditional hard drives or SSDs. The back panel has all the standard ports you’d expect from a high-end X570 motherboard, including 2 USB 3.1 Type-A ports and 1 Type-C.
- Overall, the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Motherboard is a well-built unit that perfectly fits the Ryzen 3950X platform.
- Good performance
- Easy and simple to install.
- Easy to update BIOS.
- Has a built-in I/O board.
- Can withstand rough handling.
- No debug LED
- BIOS is not visible at all screen resolutions.
4. ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard Review
For those who aren’t interested in the Budget Prime series or the flagship Crosshair, the Asus Strix series is an excellent mid-range alternative.
- The ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard is the high-end offering in the Strix range and has several outstanding features.
- This unit offers 3 PCI-E x16 Generation 4 slots that support three-lane NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFire configurations with multiple GPUs.
- You also get 2 M.2 PCI-E Gen4 slots and an integrated 802.11ax 6-WLAN and 2.5 G-LAN for ultra-fast connectivity.
- The PCI-e slots operate at x8/x8/x4, x8/x8, and x16 speeds, and the first slot goes straight to the processor.
- Like most other X570 motherboards, the Strix X570-E also has a fan to actively cool the chipset. You also get 4DDR4 RAM slots and 8 SATA ports.
- The Strix X570-E heavily borrows from the Crosshair series, so you won’t miss any vital gaming features.
- This ASUS mobo has you covered when it comes to connectivity as it offers a sufficient number of USB headers on the front panel.
- If you’re looking for one of the best X570 motherboards for 3950X that is budget-friendly, the ASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX Motherboard should top your list.
- Has more USB ports.
- Metal reinforced PCI-Express slots.
- Comes with many plugging options.
- Includes built-in strips and RGB lights.
- It only has two M.2 ports.
- You need to configure the BIOS first.
- Missing voltage monitoring points.
5. ASUS Prime X570-Pro ATX Motherboard Review
Another great entry-level solution for the AMD X570 platform, the Asus Prime X570-Pro, has most of the features required to get content creators and gamers up and running.
- This unit offers an 8 + 4 VRM design, durable caps, and ProCool ports for stable performance. Also, you get an integrated fan and AIO driver, which can be set using the intuitive BIOS or the supplied FanXpert4 software.
- This Motherboard design is straightforward, and you won’t find flashy RGB anywhere other than on the chipset.
- There are enough RGB headers out there, however, if you want to liven up your case. The heatsink cooling on the VRMs is sufficient and can operate Ryzen 3950X processors with no problems.
- One flaw in the Prime X570-Pro is that there’s no heat sink above the M.2 slots. So if you are using a fast PCI-E Gen4 SSD, you must ensure that the case is adequately cooled to avoid thermal throttling.
- The connectivity options are satisfactory, but it doesn’t include any Type C ports. However, it comes with a pair of USB 3.1 Generation 1 Type-A ports and 2 USB 3.1 Generation 2 Type-A ports, plus an HDMI output port for Ryzen APUs.
- LAN and audio are processed by the respective Realtek chips, and the Motherboard supports up to 128 GB DDR4-4400 RAM.
- Overall, the ASUS Prime X570-Pro ATX Motherboard is one of the best mid-range X570 motherboards from Asus if you’re looking to jump on the PCI-Express Generation 4 bandwagon.
- Sturdy PCI-E slots
- Minimal and sleek design.
- Good overall performance
- No USB type C.
Our pick for the best X570 Motherboard for 3950X is the MSI MEG X570 GODLIKE Motherboard.
- It is a great performer that will be easy to use for everyone, particularly beginners.
- This mobo has the fastest data transfer speed on our list, making it perfect for those who transfer large files or make their content.
- Based on the number of personalization options within this Motherboard for 3950X and its performance capabilities, this Motherboard is perfect for professionals and avid gamers.
The Motherboard is one of the boring components of a computer. But one cannot dismiss its significance. Replacing a motherboard is a very careful decision, especially if you own a high-end system like the Ryzen 3950X.
Investing in a high-quality X570 motherboard ensures that your system runs quickly, smoothly, stably, and reliably.
We have listed the best motherboards for 3950X that are most compatible with the X570 AMD chipset. You can choose any of them and believe us; you won’t be disappointed with the results.
- “The AMD X570 Motherboard Overview: Over 35+ Motherboards Analyzed”. Accessed March 02, 2021. Link.
- “What Is Overclocking? The Beginner’s Guide to Understanding How Geeks Speed Up Their PCs”. Accessed March 02, 2021. Link.