Let’s agree that stressed back and neck areas are the opposite sides of prolonged computer use. Whether at home or work, there is hardly a day that we are not looking at our computer screens. And while many people love the viewing experience on ultrawide monitors, they secretly wish they wouldn’t put as much strain on their muscles.
This is where the best monitor arm for 49 ultrawide monitors can help. They help not only to maintain a healthy posture but also prevent clutter on the desk. So, if you want to mount a 49-inch ultrawide monitor, the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm is the ideal option for you.
Table of Contents
- How to Pick the Best Monitor Arm for 49 Ultrawide Monitors?
- Ergotron 45-475-216 Review Summary
- Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm Technical Specifications
- Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm Review
- Pros of the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
- Cons of the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
- Similar Models to the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Monitor Arm for 49 Ultrawide
- Final Thoughts
How to Pick the Best Monitor Arm for 49 Ultrawide Monitors?
A monitor arm helps you to keep your ultrawide monitor in an elevated position so that you can sit comfortably in front of it for an extended period. Investing in a monitor arm is a big decision that shouldn’t be taken lightly.
Here are key factors to consider when purchasing the best monitor arm for 49 ultrawide monitors.
When choosing an ultrawide mount for a 49-inch monitor, you need to make sure it can support the weight of your monitor. Always check how much a mount can carry and measure it against the weight of your monitor before settling for an option. A few pounds more is ideal as it gives you some leeway and makes the whole setup more stable.
Another thing to look for when buying a monitor arm for a 49-inch ultrawide monitor is maneuverability. While you can always go for a more traditional stationary option, getting a swivel mount or arm that you can freely adjust to your convenience is a much more practical (and enjoyable) experience. Ergonomic design is just as important here as mounts or arms that you can tilt easily. Also, pay attention to possible height adjustments.
C) Ease of Use
While it’s not as important as the previous two factors, you should try buying a monitor arm that is easy to set up. Some arms can be assembled in a short time, while other options take some effort. Also, while some mounts attach easily to your desk, monitor, or wall, others cannot. Finally, ensure the model you choose is compatible with your workstation.
D) Mounting Base
When purchasing a monitor arm, consider the type of mounting base that the device offers. You should try to find a C-Clamp and grommet mount; these types of mounting bases work well with different types of desks. With these bases, you can easily mount the monitor without needing to change it frequently. If you change your desk type, you don’t have to invest in a new unit again. There are also thickness variations in these bases that you should review before choosing a monitor arm that is right for you.
E) Cable Management System
Almost every monitor arm you choose has an integrated cable management system. First, you need to find a system that will completely hide your cable. The hidden cable system keeps your desk tidy. In addition to a tidy desk, the cable system also prevents cables from getting damaged. As a result, you can keep the cables perfectly organized and work quietly. Along with the cable system, you will also find some models that provide extra clips. These clips hold your cables in place.
Ergotron 45-475-216 Review Summary
The Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm has a distinctive design thanks to its aircraft-grade aluminum arms. It sports very long arms that can go as far as 23.6 inches and reach 11.5 inches in height. Also, it has a spacious cable management system that allows the cables to freely move as you move the screen positions.
- Robust build quality
- Fully articulated arm
- Grommet base and C-clamp
- Integrated cable management
- 360-degree pan
- Stand a bit large
Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm Technical Specifications
|VESA Standard||100x100mm, 200x100mm, 100x200mm and 200x200mm|
|Max Monitor Weight||42 lbs|
|Mount Method||C-Clamp, Grommet Base|
Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm Review
The Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm is popular because this particular monitor arm was one of the first products on the market that influenced many other monitor arms. The Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm is the best monitor arm for 49-inch ultrawide monitors.
This is a sturdy, sleek, adaptable, and monitor arm that supports monitors weighing up to 42 pounds. In addition, the Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm is the ideal desktop mount for all ultrawide monitors on the market.
Here is the user manual of the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm PDF for your reference.
Made of durable materials and offers complete freedom of movement to improve ergonomics, this sturdy desk arm supports monitors weighing up to 42 pounds.
- In terms of stable mounts, there is nothing more reliable than the Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm.
- Place the mount at the other ends or in the desk’s center to make room for a neat desk.
- The Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm ensures an aesthetically pleasing and clutter-free workspace with an impressive streamlined appearance and cable management system.
- From an ergonomics perspective, this fully articulating desk stand does it all.
- The Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm offers 360° rotation, 180° swivel, and 75° tilt range.
- It features a rotation stop that prevents your ultrawide monitor from hitting adjacent walls.
- Furthermore, this practical device can extend up to 23.6 inches and go as far as 11.5 inches in height.
- This gives you a lot of versatility, allowing you to use your 49-inch ultrawide monitor however you like.
B) Ease of Use
Fully articulated mounts are the best in the work environment, increasing visual comfort and reducing neck, back, and eye fatigue.
- Extend your monitor 25 inches from the wall and up to 12 inches from the desk.
- The folding arm is convenient because you can fold or extend it to free up space or even place the monitor under cabinets or shelves.
- The Ergotron HX Desk Monitor Arm is adaptable and can carry up to three ultrawide monitors with optional equipment.
- Onboard, you get grommet mounts and C-Clamps for flexible mounting.
- The arm supports VESA mount patterns from 75 x 75 to 200 x 200 mm.
Pros of the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
Cons of the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
- Not suitable for light monitors.
Similar Models to the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm
The Loctek DL7 is similar to the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm.Users can also tilt the Loctek DL7 up and down up to 360°.
- The mounting head can be rotated 180° and can be used in portrait or landscape format. In addition, it comes with a cable management system like the Ergotron, so cables are tucked away, keeping your desk clutter-free.
- However, the Ergotron is more suitable for 49-inch ultrawide monitors because it supports more weight than the 32 pounds that the Loctek DL7 supports.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Best Monitor Arm for 49 Ultrawide
Q: How many years will the monitor arms last?
A: This largely depends on the price and brand of the monitor arms. When you buy a monitor arm for a 49-inch ultrawide monitor, it can last for 5 to 8 years. Generally, users do not often install and uninstall the settings as this can damage the monitor arms. If you are sure of the location of your monitor and then set up the monitor arms once and for all, there should be no problem. Avoid using cheap or low-quality products as they won’t last for long.
Q: Do monitor arms save workspace?
A: Not only do they help save space, but they also allow you to customize your monitor to suit your needs. Users can efficiently work from home or the traditional office with no hassle. There is no need to take up a lot of space. In fact, the monitor arms make it easy to decorate the desk and give you enough space.
49-inch ultrawide monitors significantly improve your computing experience, but they are not always easy to incorporate into your setup. You need sturdy monitor arms.
Instead of rummaging through many options without knowing their specifications, take a look at the Ergotron HX Ultrawide Monitor Arm. It has what it takes to handle larger monitors and is perfect for 49-inch ultrawide screens.
Durable and flexible, the Ergotron HX Desktop Monitor Arm is an excellent mounting arm for your 49-inch ultrawide monitor. The arm allows users to position the monitor where they want to find a comfortable viewing position. While it can be expensive, the monitor offers its expected value.
Check Price at Amazon